Useful Health Links- For You And Your Parents
- Spondylitis Association of America – Provides information on spondylitis including treatment, diagnosis, symptoms, medications, and patient support as well as brochures and educational materials on ankylosing spondylitis and related diseases.
- Kids Health – Brought to you by Nemours, one of the nation’s largest health systems for young people. This site was created for kids looking for honest, accurate information and advice about health, and growing up.
- BAM! – Body and Mind – (CDC) gives students in grades 5-8 information they need to make healthy lifestyle choices. It focuses on disease, food and nutrition, physical activity, safety, stress, and the body. The site has games, quizzes, and other interactive features.
- Office of Adolescent Health – Leading the nation to ensure that America’s adolescents thrive and become healthy, productive adults. The Office of Adolescent Health (OAH) is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of adolescents.
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities – Through its website, the National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY) provides information to parents, communities, educators and the general public on specific disabilities; programs and services for infants, children and youth; U.S. special education law; and effective educational practices. NICHCY also offers links to state agencies, parent groups and organizations around the country that offer assistance and information.
- Teens Health – Brought to you by Nemours, one of the nation’s largest health systems for young people. This site was created for teens looking for honest, accurate information and advice about health, relationships, and growing up.
- Girlshealth.gov – Our tagline is “Be Happy. Be Healthy. Be You. Beautiful.”It focuses on the idea that being yourself — finding what makes you smile and how to live well — is what makes you “you.” And that is beautiful!
- Girls’ Guide to Health & Happiness – This guide includes resources and information on helping young women have the best emotional health possible to ensure success and happiness in school and beyond.
- Childhood Chronic Pain Resources for Parents – When a child has pain, the entire family suffers. This site includes resources and information for families diagnosed with a chronic illness.
- Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA) – CARRA conducts collaborative research to prevent, treat, and cure pediatric rheumatic diseases.
- Arthritis Foundation – Dedicated to conquering arthritis and other childhood rheumatic diseases.
- Serious Fun Children’s Network – Camps where kids are not defined by their illnesses. Unforgettable camp experiences that have a life-changing impact.
- Arthritis Foundation JA Camps – The Arthritis Foundation’s JA camp programs give kids with arthritis and related rheumatic diseases the chance to make lasting memories.
- The Painted Turtle – The Painted Turtle where children with serious medical conditions celebrate just being kids!